Confira a lista atualizada de eventos imperdíveis para você participar
The Future of Energy Innovation (Startup Exchange Workshop)
Meeting Opportunity, Presented by MIT Startup Exchange & MIT ILP
The future of energy innovation is complex. MIT Startup Exchange is convening the third annual energy innovation event to discuss the latest advances in energy innovation from the perspective of industry, academia, venture, and startups in the MIT ecosystem. The workshop will cover innovation models, technologies, collaboration patterns, partnerships, and trends in energy tech, policy, commercialization, innovation, and startups. We especially seek digital perspectives (digital perspectives (AI/ML, big data, IoT, blockchain, 3D printing).
Join MIT Startup Exchange, the MIT Industrial Liaison Program, MIT faculty, MIT-connected startups, investors, and corporate innovators on Thursday, March 1, 2018, to explore how energy innovation is shaping society, business, and life as we know it. The target audience is the MIT innovation ecosystem, including faculty, students, startups, and ILP member companies. We have reserved 10 seats for MIT-connected startup founders who can apply for a lightning talk.
Interested MIT-connected startups should apply for consideration here: https://startupexchange.mit.edu/startupexchange/html/index.html#viewOpportunity/200
- General Admission: $500
- ILP Members: complimentary with membership
- MIT faculty, staff, and students: complimentary
- MIT Startup Exchange startups: complimentary with code
- MIT Alumni: $100 with code
8:30 a.m. Coffee and registration
8:45 a.m. Welcome, Karl Koster, Executive Director, MIT Corporate Relations
8:55 a.m. Introductory remarks, TBD- Connecting industry to startups
9:10 a.m. Academic innovator: “AI killer apps for Energy”, Kalyan Veeramachaneni, Research Scientist, LIDS, MIT & co-founder of Feature Labs (tbd)
9:25 a.m. Startup Lightning Talks: Introduced by Marcus Dahllof, Associate Program Director, MIT Startup Exchange
- The wireless energy future, Alex Gruzen, CEO, Witricity
- Managing energy asset infrastructure digitally, Ellie Dobson, VP of Data Science Product at Arundo Analytics, Inc.(STEX25)
- Monitoring industrial equipment through IoT, Jon Garrity, Co-founder & CEO, TagUp (STEX25)
- Big-data image analysis for unconventional oil & gas reservoirs, Maren Cattonar, Co-founder, Automated-Analytics
- Mission control for Energy R&D labs, Alok Tayi, CEO & co-founder, TetraScience (STEX25)
- What 3D printing of metal parts means for the energy industry, Duncan McCallum, CEO, Digital Alloys Inc.
- Soldier Nanotechnologies – generating energy on the fly, Dr. Veronika Stelmakh, Co-founder, Mesodyne
5-7 startups to be selected. Interested MIT-connected startups should apply for consideration here: https://startupexchange.mit.edu/startupexchange/html/index.html#viewOpportunity/200
Listed startups will appear pending a successful dry run with our staff.
10:05 a.m. Coffee & networking break
10:20 a.m. Industry view: “Digitalization of the energy industry: corporate and startup innovation”, Hans Jakob Hegge, EVP, CFO, Statoil (tbc)
10:30 a.m. Investor keynote
10:45-11:30 a.m. Panel discussion
What are the latest advances in energy innovation?
- The here and now: Where are we today? What new tech tools and approaches are available? What are the most successful energy startups from MIT doing at the moment and why?
- What’s on the near horizon?What new applications are opening up? What are the investment opportunities? What is the smart money focused on? What are corporate priorities in seeking novel energy tech? What does the new energy innovation ecosystem look like (infrastructure, interoperability, technology, use cases, stakeholders, success stories)?
- The future: What advances will we see over the next few years? What’s in it for consumers? What are you personally the most excited about?
- Kalyan Veeramachaneni, Research Scientist, LIDS, MIT & co-founder of Feature Labs (tbd)
- Industry executive
- Daniel Hullah, Managing Director, GE Ventures
- 1-2 MIT-connected startups
Panel moderator: TBD